

Federal prosecutors in New York have filed their third superseding indictment against music mogul Sean "Diddy" Combs.
Combs was arrested last year after being charged in a sprawling sex trafficking indictment. He has denied all allegations and pleaded not guilty to both previous indictments.
The new indictment against Combs adds an additional charge of sex trafficking and an additional charge of transportation to engage in prostitution, exposing Combs to the possibility of additional prison time if convicted.
Federal prosecutors also updated the language of the racketeering conspiracy charge Combs faces, clarifying that "Combs kidnapped and carried and displayed a firearm to female victim, and that the defendant dangled a female victim over an apartment balcony."
The additional counts relate to an individual identified as Victim-2 and bring the total number of counts Combs faces to five.
Combs' legal team said in response to the superseding indictment, "These are not new allegations or new accusers. These are the same individuals, former long-term girlfriends, who were involved in consensual relationships. This was their private sex life, defined by consent, not coercion."
Prosecutors said they hope to arraign Combs on the new indictment during the final pretrial conference later this month.
Combs' trial is set to start May 5.
Copyright © 2025, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.